We are looking for a systems administrator with strong hands-experience and a minimum of 3 years of experience of Linux systems to join our dynamic and growing systems/network administration team. We offer an exciting opportunity to work in a diverse cloud/hybrid environment to grow your knowledge and experience working with senior and experienced senior systems/network administrators.
- Planning, installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux (Ubuntu/ Centos) systems in PTCL cloud, hybrid cloud, and AWS environments
- Backups, disaster recovery planning, and performance management of assets
- Work with senior systems administrator to plan, execute and monitor operational tasks
- Work with application teams under the supervision of senior systems administrator for applications performance troubleshooting, backups and maintenance
- Implement cyber security controls and policies on systems as per organizational policy
- Work with Helpdesk Engineer as Level 2 support for campus systems/laptops and network troubleshooting and maintenance
- Work under the supervision of senior network administrator for network planning, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of networks and network devices
- Support senior staff in operations and maintenance of asterisk-based VoIP environment
- Strong background in Linux (Ubuntu/ Centos preferred) system administration and architectures, supporting opensource software located in the PTCL and AWS cloud
- Shell scripting (Python and Bash preferred)
- Experience of VM's Management on VCloud Director, VMware vSphere and Citrix XEN Server
- Add, modify and delete scripts to automate tasks and services between Linux systems.
- Setup configure and maintain Nagios monitoring for Linux/Windows, Cisco, Huawei devices
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining Bind, Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Java, MySQL, Samba, nginx, etc.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking, firewalls DNS, NTP, (and SIP preferred)
- Hardware and OS troubleshooting, Configuration, Backup, Disaster Recovery, and Performance Monitoring.
- Preferred: experience installing and troubleshooting VoIP / data systems using asterisk-based server, IVR, CDR, conference call, spy call.
- Preferred: VoIP pretesting and security fixes, voice vlan, used wire-shark/tcpdump to analyz network setting and traffic, minimized broadcast and make sure proper UDP voice packets transmission.
- Preferred: PCI Audit for Linux Base Line Security and Hardening. Using IPTables, CSF/LFD Firewall for Linux Servers security
- 3-5 year bachelors degree
- BS(CS) or IT-based bachelors degree
- Also acceptable: computer/IT diploma